Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Porque tengo mucho tiempo libre, yo leo mucho ahora.

For those of you bored with Oprah's book club, perhaps I can entertain you.

Currently reading: 

"New Rules" Bill Maher
A gift from my best friend, Liz. Maher cites this as "another book by another talk show host." She decided to purchase this based on my raving about Stephen Colbert's "I Am America: And So Can You!" Very similar in format (as in not written like a book at all, but rather, a series of definitions), and humor.

"Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas; and Other American Stories" Hunter S. Thompson
Praised as a revolutionary modern journalist, Hunter S. Thompson is famous for his self-created style of "gonzo" journalism- in which the journalist is so self-involved in their story, that they become the central figure. As a once aspiring journalist, I feel the need to explore gonzo journalism, as I have heard rave reviews of this book and the subsequent novel, "Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail." 

"The Audacity of Hope" Barack Obama
I love Barack Obama not just for his political views, but I think he is an eloquent speaker and a well-educated man, and thus, I want to read his writing. 

Who knows when these will be done being read. I am trying to change my perpetual habit of not finishing books.  (I've gone 3 for 3 after making that promise to myself this summer)

No comments: